YouTube lets users download videos to watch offline however, there are some limitations. Indian users (and those from other countries) are able to download YouTube videos onto their phones quickly using YouTube’s download feature. For users who are free, the download is restricted to 720p resolution and the videos are accessible for 24 days. Premium users can download videos in high-resolution.
However, while Save YouTube Video were previously restricted to mobile users, however, the streaming platform has recently added an option for offline modes on Desktop as well.
There is only one catch: the feature is restricted for Premium subscribers. But not all videos are able to be downloaded. Those that are set for private viewing cannot be downloaded and there’s an option to view offline which can be turned off by the content creators.
How do I download YouTube videos to your mobile?
Although the YouTube Premium membership lets you download content to be viewed offline There are some videos that can be downloaded without paying for the membership too. These videos will be accessible offline for a period of 48 hours.
Then, you’ll need to connect your gadget to either a Wi-Fi or mobile network every 48 hours. Connecting allows the app to monitor for any changes to the video or availability.
There are only a handful of areas around the world that allow downloading videos. India is on the list. You look for regions that are supported by visiting the following page. Follow the instructions following for downloading YouTube videos for Android and iOS:
- Open the YouTube app and navigate to the video that you would like to download.
- Simply click on the three-dot icon located below the video. Then click on the Download button.
- After the download has been completed Once it is completed, the user can access it within the Library > > Downloads.
- If you’d like to alter the quality of your download, go into settingsby selecting the Profile tab, then clicking on the Downloads. Click on Quality of Download and select one of the options available. While Premium users gain the option of downloading in higher resolutions, Free users can download up to the resolution of 720p.
How do I download YouTube videos on your desktop?
In the last few days, YouTube introduced the capability to let users of desktop browsers download videos to view offline. The Google-owned platform claims that this feature will be available on computers running the most recent version of Chrome, Edge, or Opera browsers. This feature, unlike mobile, is available only to Premium users who use desktops. To download a video to your desktop, follow the easy steps below:
- Go to YouTube using your browser. Check that your browser has been up to date with the latest version.
- When you are on the video you would like to view offline. Click on the menu with three dots at the end of the screen. Select download.
- Once the video has been downloaded, you’ll be able to find it on the hamburger menu to the left-hand side of the screen, under the Downloads section.
- To choose the download quality go into the Settings >> Downloads. YouTube Premium subscribers can download full-HD (1080p) high-quality.